This recipe is totally amazing. It needs a post of its own. We may need to create the category "Bacon" which is really not our genre, but this is awesome stuff. This recipe is not difficult, but does take a little attention. You need to be available to slather on more maple syrup and pepper from time to time. Trust me. Totally worth it.
Maple Glazed Pepper Bacon
- 12 oz. package of bacon
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (I used Mrs. Butterworths, but use the maple syrup in your pantry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay individual strips on raised rack in rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush each bacon strip with syrup.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and turn each piece over, brush with syrup and sprinkle with pepper.
- Back in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Continue same process; turning, adding syrup and pepper to taste 5 minutes at a time until you have reached the desired crispy, crunchy bacon you desire.
Like I said - a bit of work, but so worth it!!!