We've been in the mood to create new chocolate bark recipes here at Sephra and have come up with some great holiday gift ideas.
Chocolate Bark Recipe Ideas
Of course peppermint bark is the all-time favorite made with delicious white chocolate - and certainly a delicious choice for candy making enthusiasts. We’ve also added white chocolate pretzel bark to our repertoire. Our latest invention is one of our very favorites. Everyone here at Sephra has unanimously given a thumbs up to our Toasted Pecan White Chocolate Bark. This is an absolutely phenomenal taste sensation! Ridiculously easy and looks and tastes like something you got at Williams Sonoma…
This a very versatile chocolate bark recipe. If you prefer, use milk chocolate melts or dark chocolate melts. Even white chocolate with a drizzle of milk or dark chocolate melts over the top. And change up the nuts. We find the flavor of roasted pecans is amazing. And actually have some tips for you on how to toast pecans. We prefer the combination of the toasted pecans and white chocolate melts the best. Make some amazing treats and wrap them in little cellophane gift giving bags (from your nearest craft store) and tie on ribbon which reflects the flavor of the season. We did ours in November and gave them as little precursors to the Christmas season. We just used a simple twine to tie the bags. So many people do little holiday treats in December, so we decided to beat the crowd… and really stand out. We did!
Chocolate Melts - Easy Recipe Secret
The secret to the simplicity of this recipe is using Sephra Chocolate Melts. This delicious candy making chocolate requires no tempering. Simply melt the chocolate right in the bag; knead the bag in your hands and squeeze into a bowl to mix with your favorite ingredient. Or you can squeeze the chocolate right onto your pan and sprinkle with pecans, or your choice of toppings. Let it set for about an hour and it’s good to go.
The chocolate is delicious the process is simple! You will be delighted with the outcome of your recipe.
Roasting or toasting the pecans is optional but it gives them such a delicious flavor.
Toasted Pecan White Chocolate Bark
YEILD: This recipe makes one 12 x 18” pan of bark; which made about 6-8 little cellophane bags for giveaway.
What you need:
One 2 lb bag of Sephra White Chocolate Melts
2 ½ Cups whole pecans – get them in bulk from your favorite warehouse store
Large cookie sheet – ours was 12” x 18”
Cellophane bags and ribbon for gift giving
What we did:
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or tin foil.
- Toast pecans - see our post on "How to Toast Pecans"
- Let cool and chop. Set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate according to package directions. DO NOT OPEN THE BAG YET!
- Basically melt at half power for about one to two minutes at a time. Knead bag in between melting.
- Once chocolate is melted (it will feel smooth and creamy as you knead it) carefully tear top off and pour into a bowl.
- DO NOT OVER MELT. WHITE CHOCOLATE BURNS EASILY – SO TAKE IT SLOW…
- Immediately add chopped nuts and stir until blended. Pour mixture onto your parchment paper covered pan.
- Spread to about ¼” (basically the same height as your chopped nuts).
- Let set until firm – between 45 minutes to an hour and it’s good to go. No need to refrigerate.
NOTE: You want your pan to be big enough to be able to spread the bark to the proper thickness. Or thin-ness in this case. Use two pans if you need to. The chocolate bark breaks more easily and is much more flavorful if it is between 3/16” and ¼” thick.