Looking for some new holiday gift giving ideas? New and easy holiday recipes? Something to set you apart from giving Christmas cookies and pumpkin bread to your friends and family?
Delicious Ideas for Chocolate Bark
Try our white chocolate bark recipes with a new twist. White chocolate bark with pretzels is a hit! This is such a delicious mix of sweet and salty. Everyone will love it. It is such an easy holiday recipe and perfect for gift giving. This makes awesome wedding favors or shower favors, too!
White chocolate bark with crushed pretzels can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. Just melt the Sephra White Chocolate Melts in the bag; squeeze it into a bowl and mix with crushed pretzel pieces. Then spread the pretzel bark onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread it thin enough to be easily breakable. Chocolate bark seems to taste better when thinner. We recommend about 3/16 to ¼” thick. Pick up those little cellophane bags at local craft stores and break the bark into little pieces. Tie with whatever ribbon suits your holiday gift giving theme. Christmas isn't the only time of year to give a little treat! People like to receive them all year long.
These pictures were taken with kind of a fall theme in mind but you can do Christmas ribbon. For Thanksgiving we tied our bags with twine. Use colorful spring bows for a great Easter recipe. Anything that suits your fancy. You can even add colored sprinkles to the white chocolate in addition to pretzels or without the pretzels for a rainbow shower theme.
The Secret Ingredient to Easy Chocolate Bark
The secret to this easy chocolate bark recipe is using our Sephra Chocolate Melts. This is the best candy making chocolate as it requires NO TEMPERING and sets up quickly – and is absolutely the best tasting chocolate compound! Simply melt the chocolate right in the bag; knead the bag in your hands and squeeze into a bowl to mix with your favorite ingredient. Or you can squeeze the chocolate right onto your pan and sprinkle with your choice of toppings. Let it set for about an hour and it’s good to go.
Friends and family will be amazed at how delicious this wonderful treat is and you will just laugh to yourself because it is the easiest chocolate bark recipe – ever.
YEILD: This recipe makes one 12 x 18” pan of bark; which made about 6-8 little cellophane bags for giveaway.
What you need:
One 2 lb bag of Sephra White Chocolate Melts
2 ½ chopped crushed pretzels
Large cookie sheet – ours was 12” x 18”
Cellophane bags and ribbon if you are making gift bags
What to do:
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or tin foil.
- Chop or crush pretzels – I ususally put mine in Ziploc bag and then use a rolling pin til they’re crushed to my liking. Set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate according to package directions. DO NOT OPEN THE BAG YET!
- Basically melt at half power for about one to two minutes at a time. Knead bag in between melting.
- Once chocolate is melted (it will feel smooth and creamy as you knead it) carefully tear top off and pour into a bowl.
- DO NOT OVER MELT. WHITE CHOCOLATE BURNS EASILY – SO TAKE IT SLOW…
- Immediately add crushed pretzels and stir until blended. Pour mixture onto your parchment paper covered pan.
- You can always add a drizzle of the milk chocolate melts over the top to make things interesting.
- Spread to about ¼” (basically the same height as your crushed pretzels). Let set until firm – between 45 minutes to an hour and it’s good to go. No need to refrigerate.
NOTE: You want your pan to be big enough to be able to spread the bark to the proper thickness. Or thin-ness in this case. Use two pans if you need to. The chocolate bark breaks more easily and is much more flavorful if it is between 3/16” and ¼” thick.
Break into bite size pieces and do your best to put most of it into little cellophane gift bags to give away as holiday gifts. It’s a real challenge not to eat more than you pack! Tie with appropriate ribbon for the occasion.
These make great Christmas and holiday gifts for family and friends, but are also awesome wedding favors!