White Chocolate Crepes with Cajeta
Apr 8, 2016 6:20:36 AM
These delicious crepes are perfect for a Cinco de Mayo dessert or a Mother’s Day brunch! Our tasty Sephra Crepe Mix makes these an even easier dessert - just add water for perfect crepes every time!
The filling is a decadent combination of cream and Sephra White Chocolate Chips (Don't skimp and buy white chocolate coating at the craft store. The amazing quality of the Sephra Chocolate is what makes these divine)
Filling (Prepare 2 hours prior to serving.)
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin (unflavored)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups Sephra White Chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (separated)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks
- In a small microwaveable bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let sit for a few minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and ½ cup cream.
- Melt the gelatin in the microwave (about 20 seconds) and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the egg yolks and stir.
- Whip the remaining cream (2 cups) to soft peaks and add to the chocolate mixture in 2 parts.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before using.
Yield: Filling for approx.12 crepes. Use a basic dessert crepe recipe. Pipe filling down center of each crepe and fold sides over. Drizzle with cajeta or caramel and top with caramelized pecans.
Product info: The crepe mix will yield approximately 50 crepes. It's very easy to make a few at a time. The white chocolate comes in two - resealable 2 lb bags for ease of use. Great to use in so many recipes calling for fondue, white chocolate drizzle or eating out of the package is my favorite. Will last on your shelf for a long time - do not refridgerate. Good Stuff!